Wednesday, May 14, 2008

It's all online

The library newsletter came straight to mind when I started this module. At the moment staff members take a month each to compose the newsletter with contributions from other colleagues. This requires a lot of emailing back and forth. Google docs would make this much easier. Maybe we could all work on the newsletter together with one person responsible for the final editing and tidying up….

After creating and (hopefully) sharing a document with Google docs I set up an account and played around with Zoho. It seemed to offer a few more options as far as editing text and formatting goes. It looked a bit more complicated though so Google docs would probably be an easier option for a first time user.

I loved Zamzar too. We have been looking for a way to convert files to pdf format for ages but I thought we needed expensive software or equipment. How wrong I was! We could convert our newsletter to pdf now to put it onto the library website.

I was impressed by the Tada list from the Slideshare slideshow. That could make me just that little bit more organised perhaps!!


No comments: